Plan A Visit
Come experience South Church on a Sunday morning. Services take place from September through May at 9:00 and 11:00. During the summer months, services take place at 10:00. Services last about an hour, and typically feature a sermon by one our two settled ministers, a story for the children, hymns, and other music. They focus on a wide range of themes, and draw on wisdom and teachings from many sources.
At South Church,
- You are encouraged to explore your own values and beliefs, in a warm and supportive environment
- We care for and support one another in times of joy and sorrow
- We act on our faith in the larger community, through social justice initiatives and community connection
- We care for our planet and the natural resources of our local community.
- We commit to respectful and honest relationship with one another, as expressed by our Covenant of Right Relations (link to Covenant of Right Relations).
If these values resonate with you, consider visiting us on a Sunday morning. That’s the best way to discover if our community is a good fit for you.
You’re welcome to come to the morning service and the social hour that takes place afterward. Our Religious Education program is open to visitors, and parents may sit in with their children, if they wish. Also feel free to stop by the Welcome table in the entry. You can pick up information about the church, sign up for our weekly newsletter, or ask one of our Fellowship Associates for information about the church. Or, if you prefer, you can just slip and partake of the service in quiet and solitude.
Because our service touch on a range of subjects, we encourage visitors to join us on a few different Sundays.
A visit to South Church on a Sunday morning (link to Sundays at South Church) is the best way to get to know us.